COVID-19 notification

As an organization we have been constantly monitoring the current situation on a weekly and more recently, on a daily basis. We are entering into  unchartered territory and we find ourselves struggling with the decision to move forward or reconsider our fall reopening. We want to ensure the safety of our players, facilitators and organizers as this remains our top priority. 
After several discussions, it is with regret that we announce having to postpone league play until the new year.  We would have liked to see our players returning to their favorite sport this fall but due to the rise in COVID-19 cases, we will unfortunately have to wait a few more months.
We debated before making this very difficult decision.  With increasing COVID cases in Ottawa and school boards removing access to their facilities, we felt it would be best for everyone’s safety to wait until the new year.
We do understand that you are all anxious to return to indoor sports and hopefully we will be able to do so in a safe environment in the new year. For all of you who have already reserved a spot, we will keep your space as a tentative registration for the new year.  We should get more information from Health Officials and the school boards in December 2020 and will relay our next steps to follow at that time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you kindly for your ongoing support and understanding.
OFSL Committee.